Please be aware that the application round for this job opening is now CLOSED. Thank you for your consideration!
Do you want to be the driving force behind developing and structuring a young, dynamic, and pioneering organisation and contribute to effective action against climate change? Do you have experience in scaling up small socially-oriented organisations? Are you efficient and exceptionally well organized? Then we would be glad to hear from you.
About Follow This
The oil industry can make or break the Paris Climate Agreement. Large oil and gas companies have the know-how, the power, and the billions in capital to get the energy transition rolling.
Our strategy is to make the corporate choices of oil and gas companies and of their shareholders transparent by submitting climate resolutions at shareholders’ meetings, by building shareholder support for these resolutions, and by being a source of reliable information about investment for investors and the media. On our website you will find many examples of the media attention that we have gained in recent years.
We have shown that our approach is effective. Now we want to broaden the scale of our activities, and we are looking for the right person to help us grow.
What will you be doing?
You will help us expand our organisation with the right roles, people, and structure. We have successes under our belt; now we need frameworks and strategies for how to further develop and structure the organisation so we can work sensibly in, for example, adding new members to the team. Our founder Mark van Baal is the centre of the organisation, and you will work on strategy, communication, and project management with him.
Success in this job will involve some/a lot of the following:
- efficiency and good office experience, including how people work together
- mapping out a new organisational structure,
- expanding our fundraising plan,
- designing operational procedures,
- planning and steering operational aspects of the organisation,
- ensure that meetings of the board and members are well organised,
- planning and managing projects,
- setting up a salary system,
- coordinating a team of around twenty volunteers in various countries, and
- helping with writing and submitting our climate resolutions.
Who are we looking for?
We want to embrace diversity (gender, age, ethnicity, physical condition), so please contact us if you are convinced you could succeed at the responsibilities above. Can you feel at home in very dynamic environments in which you can contribute structure and take leadership both strategically and in daily hands-on activities? Can you take initiative to include both internal and external people in your plans even when your role does not include hierarchical “authority”? Can you say what you mean and translate strategy into concrete action? Can you speak and write in both Dutch and English?
What we can offer
- a big challenge in green energy transition in a young organisation with potential;
- collaboration within a strongly motivated team (paid and volunteer) with an intense passion for climate protection and for transition to a sustainable energy system, economy, and society;
- a half-year contract with the possibility of extending your engagement in a new role in the new organisation; and
- a full-time position with an early launch date, preferably in July.
How to apply
Do you see yourself fulfilling this role? Then send your letter of motivation with a CV and a salary indication to [email protected]. The closing date for submitting applications is Thursday the 25th June. Following this, there will be a first round of introductory conversations with members of our team, followed by a conversation with our founder, Mark van Baal. The CliftonStrengths assessment is part of our solicitation process.